Saturday, November 30, 2013

Second Hydrangea Cluster done

The second cluster is done. It looks better than the first one - the round knots of the first cluster do not look even. I may consider re-doing them.

One of the leaves is done. It is not supposed to be fully stitched. I have not added the veins; these will make it look more "leaf-like". Started on the second leaf at the bottom, which will have 2 colors.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Hydrangea cluster

The flowers remind me of the other JEC Phase VII piece - Pansies. They are highly reflective and starting to look "holographic". It's a good thing the flowers are small - else they will be overwhelming. However they may work well with the striking ichimatsu border. I will have to step back and meditate on it when I'm ready to work on the borders.

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Hydrangea leaf

One flower head done. Stitched one leaf, with short stitch holding, and veins.

Monday, November 4, 2013

Hydrangea central flowers

The small central flowers of the hydrangea macrophylla were represented with circles and fuzzy effect, and the large bract like outer flowers (tetramers) were done with random realistic technique.

I was able to do some stitching using a small Ott light, during the recent wind storm that knocked out power for about a day. Not having access to the internet saved a lot of time!

I started on the round knots around the centers of the tetramers. I used the "single hand technique" that Mary Alice taught me (and she learned from Midori) for doing the round knots. These turned out very nice and consistent.