Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Wedding Shellbox

Started on the bottom cord, the one that fades towards the box. I need to redo this cord - the metal part looks ok, the silk portion does not.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Spring Splendor

I am dragging my feet in switching back to JE. I'm sure when I reach the chip work I will switch back, as I have no experience in dealing with these new techniques. Finished the satin stitching on the 2 tulip leaves and the next step is couching in Japanese gold, which I know how to do. The silk satin stitch looks uneven, I'm not very happy with it.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pattern couching

Finished the third lily-of-the-valley leaf. It wasn't until I looked at the next step that I realized that what I have been calling the tulip leaf is actually the lily-of-the-valley leaf, and the tulip leaves are in the next steps. This leaf turned out better than the previous 2 leaves. The center vein looks nicer.

Really have to go back to the Wedding Shellbox next.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Spring's Splendor

Finished sinking the ends of the second (left) lily-of-the-valley leaf. The mid vein is not as nice as I had hoped; it is somewhat uneven.
The third lily-of-the-valley leaf turned out better than the previous 2. Had hoped to finish all the pattern couching today but didn't make it.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Pattern couching

Worked on half of the pattern couched lily-of-the-valley leaf. It looks fine, although I know that when I sink the metal threads the filling will not be quite so even. I need to sink and whip stitch the metals at the back before I start on the other half of the leaf.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Back to Spring's Splendor

Took a few weeks off to do my EGA ICC design class. It was hard getting back into heavy duty stitching, so I made some excuses and delayed for another 2 weeks. Today instead of doing the JE, I decided to start with the easier project. I finished the felt-padded half of the lily-of-the-valley leaf before I stopped several weeks ago.
The "pattern couching" right half of the lily-of-the-valley leaf was hard to do, and it did not turn out well. I think the fact that I haven't practised for a while also contributes to the difficulty. I hope subsequent leaves turn out better.
The progress as of today: