Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Camellia, Blue Flower Framed

The frames came today and here are the final pictures. The Camellia (JE Phase 7) is a wood frame with a gold lip, double matted with green and gold.

The Blue Flower (EGA GCC) is a gold frame. Unfortunately it is too shallow to accommodate the artwork, the spacer and the glass. I will have to do something else about it, as it will be very unwise to hang it without the glass protection.

And while I had the tripod set up I took some additional views of the pieces.

For the antique mirror, I did some more blending during the 2 day class over the weekend.

Friday, September 12, 2014

Antique Mirror Foundation

The foundation of the round foreground mirror is done. I'm all set for Mary Alice Sinton's class this weekend! I'm looking forward for some pointers on doing the blending thread, as I'm not too happy at the way they turn out in the trial areas.

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Faded Treasures

The gold paper strips woven in the weft direction make it easy to lay the weft foundation. In places where the background showed through, it emphasizes the bronze mirror. I think this is the right fabric for this piece. I mapped out the color changes for the foreground mirror.

I tested out the blending color at the top section, to make sure it is ok. The blue and brown patch at top left and the top edge are the blending threads that cover up the needle holes

Pooky is keeping me company, sleeping on my spare (and currently unoccupied) Japanese embroidery frame.