Took a few weeks off to do my EGA ICC design class. It was hard getting back into heavy duty stitching, so I made some excuses and delayed for another 2 weeks. Today instead of doing the JE, I decided to start with the easier project. I finished the felt-padded half of the lily-of-the-valley leaf before I stopped several weeks ago.
The "pattern couching" right half of the lily-of-the-valley leaf was hard to do, and it did not turn out well. I think the fact that I haven't practised for a while also contributes to the difficulty. I hope subsequent leaves turn out better.
The progress as of today: