Friday, August 9, 2013

Moth Orchid finished

I contemplated re-doing all the flowers to make them more to scale. I would remake them using a yellow color scheme, and save the purple petals for some small ornaments, maybe. Then I decided it would be much easier adding another stumpwork leaf, and some more roots, at the base

Detail of the base. Since the detached leaf was done on white muslin, I usually run  a green marker along the cut edge so the white is not obvious. After looking at the detail, I removed the root that is sticking straight up next to the date. I'll take a final photo when it is framed.

No comments:

Post a Comment