Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Hydrangea Leaf bicolor

I tried several different approaches to the hydrangea leaf. This was one when I intended to use a blending  thread to cover the shared hole of the 2 colors on the right side. It did not turn out well; the colors are too different and being flat silk instead of twisted it became very obvious and jarring.

I replaced the lighter color with the next darker green called out in the box chart; even though this green is not of the same family as the dark green. I used the long and short stitch technique to add the second green. I can use the SSH to (hopefully) "blend" the 2 colors at the junction.

No comments:

Post a Comment