Saturday, February 1, 2014

Waterlily Petals

The center of the lily is padded, and the petals are outlined with my disappearing-ink pen.

I used 2 strands of #12 yellow perle cotton for the bullion knots for the lily center. That was very difficult to do; the threads kept snagging on itself, until I finally switched to a single strand of #12 cotton.

The top petal does not look right; I forgot to outline it with split stitch. The bottom petals looks better. To give it some depth, I knocked down the shine of the serica silk by overstitching it with cotton floss. I may add a little bit of darker shading at the base.

 The leaves turned out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment