Site to manage my Japanese Embroidery progress, plus other needlework projects
Wednesday, October 29, 2014
Wedding Ring Pillow
This is the final version for the flower circle, I hope. I stopped "enhancing" it as it will only go downhill from here. The original intended stumpwork wire rimmed petals did not work, so I decided to do concertina roses. These are more triangular in shape, and provide a contrast to the round spider roses - although they are a lot harder to work with the soft silk ribbons, especially the thinner 7 mm ribbons. I added calla lilies with pearl centers at the top and sides as well.
Now I have to find out about the font for the date and wordings...