Site to manage my Japanese Embroidery progress, plus other needlework projects
Saturday, November 22, 2014
Antique Mirror Chrysanthemums
Started on the superposition chrysanthemums. They were reasonably ok - all things considered; the edges were not as evenly scalloped as they should be. At least the stitches were not sinking into the foundation. There are a lot more chrysanthemums that I should be able to improve on. It was quite difficult to stitch through all the layers in addition to the thick fabric.
A few "personal devices" I employed:
1. I used DMC cotton instead of self-padding silk;
2. I used pliers to pull the needle through on the thick parts;
3. I used my circle template to generate the circles.