Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Brazilian Style Rose

I am using this Brazilian Dimensional Embroidery by Debbie Kelley as practice for doing bullion knots. I am using floss instead of Edmar rayon threads; as I am only adapting the technique. I'm doing a dimensional rose, to be surrounded by wrapped white beads, to see if it'll turn out ok for an Xmas ornament.


The rose is defined by a 125 wrap bullion knot. The wrap count will be different since I'm using 2 strands of floss instead of the Edmar thread. My practice long bullion knots - 80 wraps, 113 wraps, and 145 wraps:


I need to keep practicing!

3 comments:

  1. I might recommend using the rayon thread anyway for the bullions, even if you are using floss for the rest of it. The long bullion will be MUCH easier with the rayon. Cotton thread is sticky as you pull it through, leaving gaps and lumps. The rayon will slide easily, and any gaps and lumps are easy to smooth out.

    The rose will be lovely, though!

    Carol S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the advice! The rayon thread was indeed much easier to bullion knot than the DMC floss! Your expertise and help were very much appreciated.

      Delete
  2. It's hard doing 7 wrap bullions. I can't imagine doing 125 wraps :|

    ReplyDelete