Thursday, December 22, 2016


I ordered some Southern Belle white cotton before I read that it's not as good as it once was. It appears to be thinner than the Southern Belle I ordered from Trish Burr several years ago. Hopefully it will hold up to the stitching.
I started on the collar using 8 strands of  JE cotton padding and a double strand of white floche. I did not like it, possibly because I was not supposed to be using two strands for stitching, even though I tried to lay them properly with the tekobari.

So I ripped it out and used 2 layers of 8 strands of padding. I also decided to add another texture element by using Appleton wool instead of floche, to give it a softer effect. The wool is also more forgiving than the floche, and makes it easier to stitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment