Friday, September 7, 2018

Batik Turtle

It's been a while and I'm hoping I can get back into the groove, so to speak...

I recently took the "Batik to Stitch" workshop from EGA, where images were stamped and waxed and colored to produce the hand-dyed batik result. As the waxing and stamping are never precise, I want to put a lot of background (seaweeds, coral, etc) to distract; but then the turtles being flat will not be the focal points. So I want to trapunto the turtles. I want the shells to be somewhat rough, and the head and flippers to be smoother. I stuffed one shell with crinkly plastic, and the flippers with polyfill. The trapunto'ing causes the fabric to ripple, which I can say is the water effect.😀. This, however will not be "display quality".

The bottom turtle's shell has been stuffed.

One turtle is done.




No comments:

Post a Comment