Monday, August 15, 2016

Moving On

I decided that I have to stop moping and move on. I received my MC Step 5 back and it is a good thing I passed, that cheered me up a bit. The judges suggested that I add some darker stitches at the left hill, so here's the before, and here's the after:


It added depth to the hill - great suggestion (and that's why they are judges!) Detail of the hill:



I also saw this project at San Francisco School of Needlework and Design; it is one of the places I've kept my eye on. Since I'm going through MC Color program, I should be able to come up with the color design for their challenge landscape:


This is my rendition so far - I may or may not send it in - depends on how I feel about it when finished. I removed the grapes, and put the purple on the hills, with orange and green for the California poppies. Another triadic scheme. I echo'ed a little bit of the orange in the sky; it may not be enough - I will see when the poppies are done.


1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to do something with their design as well but I was going to keep it small. I love what you are doing with it. I look forward to seeing more :)

    ReplyDelete