Thursday, April 10, 2014

Seascape Done

I constructed an Ort fabric, intended as atmospheric hills behind the top left dark purple hills. It didn't look right, so I made another Ort fabric, lighter in color. It still didn't look right. I then used the two pieces for the green mound on the right. It looks ok, even though I stacked one on top of the other. I added some foam around the base.

The piece tells me it is done. No need for clouds in the sky, birds in the air, etc.


Trying to capture what it looks like in sunlight.

The next pieces I have to work on for the Mixed Media class are the angelina fibers and film. Then it is back onto Japanese embroidery, as the flat gold is on the way.